To achieve our aims and objectives, AWMR is doing the following:
- To establish resource and family counseling centers, home visits units, special day care centers, and pocket programs, pre-vocational and vocational programs.
- To establish sheltered workshop for vocational training and income generation activities such as making paper bags, envelopes, chalks, candles, incense sticks and peanut butter.
- To support home based rehabilitation activities such as chicken raising, goat keeping, sheep keeping, caning and other agro-based income generating vocational activities.
- To enhance community based rehabilitation activities to get employment for these individuals into open employment programs in factories, auto mobile repairing workshop in office and volunteers.
- To organize a regular scheduled, competency based training and seminars for teachers, parents, social workers and volunteers.
- Conduct sample survey to determine the needs of such population in Nepal and published a comprehensive report on this/
- To support Special Olympics activities for people with mental retardation.
- To prepare brochures, articles, training manual, TV programs, documentary films, advertisements, slide and video shows etc to create public awareness and foster positive attitudes and actions.
- To provide communication/ speech and physiotherapy services.
- To lunch an infant-at-risk detection and stimulation program.
- To establish an organization of mentally – retarded individuals.
- To organize parent groups throughout Nepal.